CLPN-4 Central Oncology $ Sign on Bonus (New Employee) Full Time-Variable Shifts
At North Mississippi Health Services, our mission is to “continuously improve the health of the people of our region.” Our vision is to “provide the best patient and family-centered care and health services in America.” We believe that fulfilling our mission and vision calls us to embrace the best people that form incredible connections to our patients and families.
We take pride in celebrating everything that makes you uniquely you – your talents, your perspectives, and your passions. At North Mississippi Health Services, we believe in connecting your passion with a purpose. When you are part of our team, you know what connected feels like.
The role of bedside CLPN delivers vital support in providing direct bedside patient care and appropriate age specific care in an Acute Nursing or Elderly Care facility environment.
- Exercises highest degree of the nursing process to provide safe, quality patient care and document accordingly.
- Performs duties of Charge Nurse in absence of the RN, within scope of practice
- Works to ensure his/her compliance with all NMHS policies and requirements as directed by the Nurse Manager and Educator.
- Collaboration with clinical team members to admit assigned patients to unit at bedside.
- Independently processing the discharges for their assigned patients at bedside.
- Performs treatments, tests, and/or procedures including IV therapy as directed within scope of license.
- Responsible for maintaining written record of patient care events performed by the incumbent (e.g.: medications, treatments, procedures).
- Responsible for keeping patients and families informed regarding medications, diagnostic studies, treatments, etc.
- Provides patient/family education and acts as a resource for existing staff and new employees.
- Maintains knowledge of new medications and treatments to ensure patient/family have adequate knowledge for continuing care at home
- Maintains communication with multidisciplinary team members to provide holistic care to the patient.
- Attends daily huddles on each unit to ensure proper assignments and identify team members for the shift.
- Maintains competency by staying informed of changing trends in the nursing practice.
- Performs required continuing education hours online and in classroom.
- Familiarizes self with policies and procedures, patient education resources, and performance improvement unit initiates.
You must have the following licenses to apply: